Film Review: Nico's Weig

 


Hallo, Guten Abend (for those who read this at night). So I just watched a film called Nico's Weig. This film is perfect for those of you who want to watch a light and family-friendly film and also want to learn German. Why I recommend this to those who want to learn German? Because this film is meant for German language level A1 learners and there are also German subtitles to make it easier to understand. In this film includes daily conversation, vocabulary, customs and culture of the German people. This film tells about a man named Nico from Seville, Spain, who goes to Germany and meets his aunt. Unfortunately when he arrived at the airport he lost his bag but he met Emma and her aunt named Lisa. They wanted to help him but Nico couldn't speak German well. As time went on, beside made plans to help find Nico's bag, they also help Nico to learn German. Furthermore, Nico also made some new friends. They also helped Nico when he was injured while they were playing soccer. In the end, he found his bag and his aunt because of his friend's help and support.



From this film I got new interesting word, such as waschen (wash), abtrocknen (dry), kochen (cook), putzen (clean), etc. These words are interesting to me because these are a colloquial verb that is often used. The names of fruits and vegetables are also quite interesting because they are almost similar to English such as Tomate (tomato), Karotte (carot), etc. 




Lisa's teaching method is also very good. She pasted the post-it on objects and then wrote the German language. I was inspired to do the same thing as Lisa because it will help me memorize the names of objects in German around me.


My favorite dialog is when they talk about their activities and hobby. I can understand what they are talking about because in grade 10 I learned about that.

My favorite character in this film is of course the main character himself, Nico. Because at first he could not speak German well but he wanted to learn eagerly until finally he was fluent in German and also he is very friendly and easy going. 

This film contains a lot of moral messages, such as that we must be careful in our actions and not be careless, especially in a new environment. We also have to be generous and helpful like what Lisa did to Nico even though they were strangers. Besides that Nico's friend also helped him learn German and always supported him.

That's all from me
I hope you enjoy the film ^^ 
Thanks for reading my blog
Tschüss...







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Debate: Do celebrities make for a bad role model?

Congratulation & Compliment Dialogue

Edu Passion 2020 : Daryaskara